If an examinee cannot take part in an examination at short notice due to the illness of a child or relative in need of care, a withdrawal from the examination for health or other serious reasons is possible in accordance with (opens in new tab). § 15 (5) APB
For this purpose, documents which substantiate the illness and the need for care of the child or the relative must be submitted to the Office for Student Affairs in your department no later than three calendar days after the examination date.
A medical certificate confirming the illness and need for care of the child or relative, as well as proof that the child is your own (e.g. a copy of your family record) or that the relative is being cared for by you, would be suitable documents.
As in the case of other short-term withdrawals from examinations, the withdrawal is applied for to the examination board via the Office for Student Affairs in your department. The chairperson of the examination board decides whether the reasons for withdrawal are recognised (§15 (6) APB).
If the above mentioned documents are not submitted within the deadline, then all exam performances for which a withdrawal should be requested will be evaluated as “insufficient” (5,0), since the exam date was missed without excuse. This also eliminates the possibility of an for third examinations attempts. oral supplementary examination
- Abmeldefrist von Prüfungen
- Inability to take the exam due to illness - medical certificate
- How do I withdraw from an examination?
- How to find the registration/cancellation deadline for examinations
- Withdrawal from an examination without giving reasons
- Withdrawal from the examination for health or similarly serious reasons
- Inability to take the examination due to illness recognised during an examination
- Withdrawl from examination due to quarantine or a positive test (Corona)
- The appointment for a repeat examination isn’t shown in TUCaN.
- Modul oder Veranstaltung einer Prüfung wird nicht im aktuellen Semester angeboten
- I want to repeat an examination. Do I have to sign up for the corresponding course again?