In the event of inability to take the examination due to illness, various points must be observed ( (opens in new tab)). APB § 15 Abs. (2)
In order to withdraw from an examination due to illness, the responsible Office for Student Affairs in your department must receive a medical certificate (ärztliche Bescheinigung / ärtzliches Attest) which certifies the Beginning and (expected) end of the illness. You can submit the medical certificate in paper form or electronically (please note the modalities in the respective Office for Student Affairs in your department). The certificate must be submitted to your Office for Student Affairs no later than three calendar days after the examination date, i.e. to your department – even if the examination is held in a different department. Only then is the application for withdrawal from the examination considered to be in due form and time according to (opens in new tab). §15(2) APB
For Students of the Teaching at Grammar Schools programme:
Medical certificates for the basic sciences, including the two modules of the basic sciences in the networking area (03-01-4007 “Pädagogisches Verstehen von Naturwissenschaft und nachhaltiger Entwicklung” and 03-01-4008 “Medienpädagogik”), must be submitted to the . Office for Student Affairs of the Department of Human Sciences
If the deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline is postponed to the following Monday. If the deadline falls on a public holiday, the deadline is postponed to the following day.
Examples for the deadlines
|Examination Date||A medical certificate must be submitted on….|
If the above mentioned documents are not submitted within the deadline, then all exam performances for which a withdrawal should be requested will be evaluated as “insufficient” (5,0), since the exam date was missed without excuse. This also eliminates the possibility of an oral supplementary examination for third examinations attempts.
- What Office for Student Affairs is my office?
- Unterschied zwischen Studienbüro und Studierendenservice
- Deregistration deadline for examinations
- How do I withdraw from an examination?
- How to find the registration/cancellation deadline for examinations
- Withdrawal from an examination without giving reasons
- Withdrawal from the examination for health or similarly serious reasons
- Inability to take the examination due to illness recognised during an examination
- Illness of a child or a relative in need of care
- Withdrawl from examination due to quarantine or a positive test (Corona)
- The appointment for a repeat examination isn’t shown in TUCaN.
- Modul oder Veranstaltung einer Prüfung wird nicht im aktuellen Semester angeboten
- I want to repeat an examination. Do I have to sign up for the corresponding course again?