Sports Science – Vocational-Technical Education
Master of Education; tuition language: German
Sportwissenschaft – Lehramt an beruflichen Schulen
Bachelor of Education + Master of Education -> Teaching at Vocational Schools
The programme Teaching at Vocational Schools at the Technical University of Darmstadt consists of two connected study programmes:
- first, the Bachelor of Education programme (6 semesters; vocational field of study) and
- subsequently, the Master of Education programme (4 semesters; subject of general education/subject studies).
- In addition to methodical and didactical subjects, complements the programme. practical teaching
Only the completion of both the Bachelor of Education and the Master of Education is equivalent to the first state examination in the state of Hesse and therefore mandatory for the admission to the preparatory period (teaching practice) or the teaching profession.
(opens in new tab)Module Handbook
Semester Course and Examination Schedule
Degree Programme Guidelines/Study Regulations
Information on the Sports Aptitude Test
Internship Regulations for the Recognition of Work Experience
Regulations for Practical Studies in Schools 2
For enrolment in the complementary teacher training programme, in particular you need to already have a First State Examination or an equivalent qualification such as Master of Education or you must be currently enrolled in a teacher training course (teaching profession at secondary schools, Bachelor of Education, Master of Education).
Job opportunities exist
- in the preparatory period (teaching practice) for teaching in the broad field of vocational schools;
- e.g. in corporate vocational training institutions or in the field of vocational training studies.
Predictions about the future demand for teachers or their employment opportunities are difficult to make as both depend on a number of different factors such as demographic development, the selected combination of subjects or type of school, the political framework, etc.