Bachelor of Education + Master of Education -> Teaching at Vocational Schools
The programme Teaching at Vocational Schools at the TU Darmstadt consists of two connected study programmes:
- first, the Bachelor of Education programme (6 semesters; vocational field of study) and
- subsequently, the Master of Education programme (4 semesters; subject of general education/subject studies).
- The two subjects are supplemented by the educational and social sciences with the practical school studies 1 and the didactics of the subjects.
Only the completion of both the Bachelor of Education and the Master of Education is equivalent to the first state examination in the state of Hesse and therefore mandatory for the admission to the preparatory period (teaching practice) or the teaching profession.
With the Bachelor of Education, the students will acquire their first professional qualification. However, the Master of Education is a prerequisite for the admission to the teaching profession.
For this reason, it is recommended that students complete a Master’s degree.
|Degree||Bachelor of Education|
1. before the start of the degree programme (requirement for enrolment!):
Related vocational internship of a 52-week-minimum duration or related vocational training in accordance with the internship regulations. The vocational internship is to be fully completed and recognised by the competent departments before the start of the programme;
2. during the Bachelor’s programme: Practical Studies in Schools 1.
1. General university entrance degree, entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences, similar foreign diplomas, admission as a vocationally qualified student to the universities in the state of Hesse; further information;
2. Proof of a related vocational internship of a 52-week-minimum duration or related vocational training in accordance with the internship regulations. The vocational internship is to be fully completed and recognised by the competent departments before the start of the programme;
3. when choosing Sports Science as a general education subject or as Master of Education: passing the Sports Aptitude Test is an admission requirement for the Sports Science modules (proof thereof before the end of the 4th semester); further information.
4. For some of the consecutive Master of Education programmes following the Bachelor of Education, there are further requirements for enrolment, e.g. foreign language skills. Therefore, please learn more about these courses of study early on.
|Part-time Studies||possible under specific conditions|
|Programme Start||winter semester|
|Application Deadline||International applicants find their application deadline here.|
|Special Features||Online Self-Assessment|