The Bachelor of Science programme Materials Science is based on a profound education in the subjects mathematics, physics and chemistry. Parallel to this, specific training in materials science begins in the first semester. The contents of the lectures are accompanied by practical lab internships .
- Compulsory courses (lectures, exercises, lab internships) in which the fundamentals of materials science, mathematics, physics and chemistry are taught.
- Minor compulsory courses in technical mechanics and electrical engineering (lectures, exercises).
- The second part of the course focuses on methods of materials science as well as construction and functional materials.
- In addition, two more elective subjects can be selected from the courses offered by the departments of the natural sciences or engineering, or from an interdisciplinary field (like Business Administration or Economics).
- The bachelor's thesis comprises a small research project.
(opens in new tab)Module Handbook