International university entrance eligibility:
Please consider the information for . international students
Only for persons with German university entrance eligibility:
According to the regulations of the German Social Security Code (Sozialgesetzbuch), before enrolling at a university, every student must prove that they have statutory health insurance or that they are exempt from insurance, exempt from compulsory insurance or not subject to compulsory insurance by the beginning of the semester at the latest.
From 01.12.2021, the notification of the insurance status of students will take place exclusively digitally via the electronic notification procedure. In this process, the statutory health insurance companies must transmit the insurance status of admitted students to the university (in our case TU Darmstadt), even in the case of private insurance. To do this, you must first inform your or any statutory health insurance company about your admission to TU Darmstadt.
Please proceed as described below, depending on what applies to you:
- If you are insured by a statutory health insurance or jointly with your parents, please contact this health insurance in case of admission.
- If you are privately insured or jointly with your parents, you can keep this. In the case of admission, please contact a statutory health insurance of your choice and ask for the notification of exemption (Befreiungsanzeige) to be submitted (mandatory).
- If you are not subject to compulsory insurance or are exempt from compulsory insurance, please contact the statutory health insurance by which you were last insured in case of admission. If your last insurance relationship was not with a statutory health insurance company but with a private health insurance company, please contact a statutory health insurance company of your choice.
For statutory health insurance, please make sure that your surname, (all) first name(s) and date of birth match the details in your official identification document (identity card, passport) so that your health insurance data can be assigned without interference in the electronic registration procedure.
If you have further questions, please contact a statutory health insurance company for advice. As this is a matter of social security law and not university law, the TU Darmstadt is unfortunately unable to provide any further support here.
You can also find more information in the Social Security Code () as well as at the National Association of Health Insurance Funds ( Sozialgesetzbuch). Spitzenverband Bund der Krankenkassen
- Ruhegehaltsfähige Dienstzeit nach dem Hessischen Beamtenversorgungsgesetz
- Authentication of TU certificates
- Leave of Absence / Semester on Leave
- Double degrees
- Students under 18 / minors
- IT services
- Changing degree programme or subject
- Additional course of study
- Change of name, address, elective subject, gender, nationality and other details
- Practical work placements
- Duplicates / copies of TU certificates
- Student Service
- Studying with a disability
- Certificate of study
- Room Check: Search for free workplaces
- student health management
- Energy price flat rate for students
- Guest students
- Semester Fee and Re-Registration