Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, a conversion to a digital format has been made since summer semester 2020 . Courses will continue to be taught in a digital format, since the course of the Covid 19 pandemic cannot be predicted.
We are pleased to welcome you as a guest student in the digital courses.
If you are interested in attending individual courses at the Technical University of Darmstadt, you can apply for the guest student status. Participation in examinations is excluded.
A semester fee of 50.00 Euro for guest students must be paid by bank transfer.
You will receive further information upon successful registration.
When transferring the semester fee via a foreign bank, please note that both banks (sender and receiver) may charge extra fees.
Registration as a guest student
Summer semester: 1st working day in March – April 30
Winter semester: 1st working day in September – 31st October
Activation of the guest student course catalogue/registration for events
Summer semester: 1st working day in March
Winter semester: 1st working day in September
Registration is possible from this day until the end of the courses.
Amenities for guest students
Guest students do not acquire a student status, but enjoy other benefits:
- Attendance of courses that are approved for guest students
- Access to the PC-Pool (not during Corona)
- WLAN access
- Access to E-Learning/ Moodle
Relevant information on your guest student status
- As a guest student, you will have access to a selection of courses offered by TU Darmstadt. The guest student course catalogue can only be viewed after registration.
- You can attend courses up to a maximum of 12 semester hours per week.
- Guest students are not entitled to acquire credit points (CP). Agreements to the contrary with professors or lecturers are invalid.
- Guest students are not entitled to participate in preliminary, intermediate and final examinations, module examinations or other examinations required by examination regulations. Sports courses and language courses are also excluded.
Please note that you have to register as a guest student for each semester in TUCaN.