The completion of a practical work placement may be a requirement, particularly for degree courses in the engineering sciences and teaching. It is recommended that you complete such a placement before starting your studies. Please refer to the information about for more details. courses offered
General information about insurance matters during a practical work placement can be obtained from statutory health insurance providers and (association of German pension funds). Please make enquiries before starting your placement. Deutsche Rentenversicherung
Recognition for practical work placements
The relevant department (Office for Student Affairs) is responsible for whether a work placement is recognised or not. We recommend that you find out about the requirements and the options for obtaining recognition before starting your placement. This applies in particular to international placements.
If you have completed vocational training in the relevant subject area or have relevant professional experience, this can typically be recognised as equivalent to a work placement.
You can apply for leave of absence for the duration of a mandatory placement related to your course of studies. For more information, please contact the or Student Service (Studierendenservice)International Admission.
If you are eligible for BAföG funding (student loans and grants under the German Federal Training Assistance Act), please ask Student Affairs (Studierendenwerk) about the regulations for international funding.
- Authentication of TU certificates
- Leave of Absence / Semester on Leave
- Double degrees
- Students under 18 / minors
- IT services
- Changing degree programme or subject
- Additional course of study
- Change of name, address, elective subject, nationality and other details
- Duplicates / copies of TU certificates
- Ruhegehaltsfähige Dienstzeit nach dem Hessischen Beamtenversorgungsgesetz
- Student Service
- Studying with a disability
- Certificate of study
- Guest students
- Semester Fee and Re-Registration